Monday, March 18, 2013

Soviet T.34 with diorama battle display (chapter - 2)

I looked again at the fences on the diorama. After re-estimating size and scale of the fences, I came to the conclusion - those fences looks so grotesque. Vertical planks are too thick. Gaps between those planks are too wide - final effect looked like it was made by a child. Once again, I've made a new fences. This time I've used thinner sheet of plastic. 

The height of the fence:
1200 : 76 ≈ 15,79 mm
1700 : 76 ≈ 22,36 mm

Width of the vertical planks:
150 : 76 ≈ 1,97 mm

Unfortunately, after scaling the fence was that it would look too big compared to the tank. I believe that the correct scale would mean that the end result would look ridiculous.

Once again, I cut a sheet of plastic into small strips, and builded new fences. The gate has been improved by adding a lock. The lock will be stock-still. As shown in the photos below fences look at B- grade, not as at the beginning - at E grade.

On the margin: lines on the cutting mat are 10 x 10 mm.
YYY


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment :)